Are you looking for a challenging TECHNICAL job,
HCCP is searching for talented and motivated
Embedded hardware engineer
Honeywell Home Customized Comfort Products develops and produces domestic climate and ventilation control systems. These products and systems are developed by a multidisciplinary project team of hardware and software engineers under the leadership of a project manager.
As an Embedded hardware engineer, you’ll work in a hardware team consisting of 6 engineers. The team is divided into 2 smaller groups with their own expertize (development and testing/service). The products are developed in an Agile/Kanban working environment.
The HCCP organisational structure is informal, flexible and designed to promote innovation.
As an Embedded hardware engineer, you’ll design product architecture and specifications based on customer requests and / or internal stakeholders. This is done in close consultation with product managers, system architect and software engineering. You will provide ideas for product features and the way they are developed.
In the product design phase you’ll create an electrical- and schematic design. You’ll make PCB designs, or are involved in outsourcing this. When prototypes are finalized you’ll work with a Test Engineer to validate functionality.
During this entire process, you are in close consultation with the purchasing and production department to optimize manufacturability of products. Part of your duties is specifying the production test system.
Next to the primary development process you will be involve in:
- Supporting the sales team creating budgets and setting up quotations.
- Investigating opportunities for new products and innovations.
- Ability to develop a helicopter view over several projects
- Analytical skills
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Good written and oral communication skills in both the Dutch and English
Education and work experience:
- Completed education at higher vocational or university level in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- A minimum of five-years of experience in a comparable working environment
- Experience in developing embedded hardware, like:
- Knowledge and experience of product/process optimization processes such as FMEA, DFx, Lean, etc.
- Experience in drawing up specifications based on functional customer specifications
- Knowledge and experience in Embedded software for 8 bit microprocessors or cortex M0/M3 systems is an advantage
- Experience in working in Agile/Kanban projects and working environment is preferred
- Experience in climate and ventilation systems is preferred
o Atmel AVR/NXP/EFM microcontroller circuits
o Switched-Mode Power Supply
o UART / RS232 / RS485 interfaces
o RF circuits (868MHz)
We offer a job in a young, enthusiastic and dynamic team. A competitive salary and fringe benefits in relation to function and work experience. Are you interested, and do you have completed education at higher vocational or university level then contact us. Please sent an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org